Can I be placed on a waiting list?
- Due to high traffic in popular classes, we do not maintian waiting lists. To know if an opening occurs, check back often. If the "class filled" statement turns into the "add to cart" button, there is a seat available. Register immediately!
Where is Apollo Career Center?
- Apollo is located at 3325 Shawnee Road, Lima, Ohio. From I-75, take exit 120 (Breese Road). Turn West onto Breese Road. At the second stop light, turn right (North) onto Shawnee Road. Apollo is located approximatley 1/4 mile north. The Adult Education office is located in the Adult Resource Center at the far North end of the campus. Our office hours are Mon-Thurs from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, and on Fridays from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Who can attend Adult Classes?
- We are pleased to welcome and admit students of any race, color, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all classes. Students under 18 will be permitted only with prior consent of the instructor and staff. Most, but not all classes may require a high school diploma or GED.
What if I cannot attend the class I am registered for?
- Transfers/Refunds. If you cannot attend a course as planned, you must inform Apollo in person or by phone as soon as possible. Total refunds are given only if Apollo cancells a class. Refunds are processed twice per month. Sorry, no exceptions. Not all classes are eligible for refunds/transfers. A $25 fee is charged for withdrawals on short term classes. Be sure to read the complete refund policy during registration.
What happens if the weather is bad?
SCHOOL CLOSING / DELAYS (DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER)
- For fog, ice, or snow delays Apollo Adult Education will automatically delay 2 hours. Classes will start at 10 a.m. and end at the regular time. For fog cancellation announcements, Adult Education will not cancel. For ice and snow cancellations, Apollo Adult Education will also cancel day classes. In any condition, the adult night classes will meet as scheduled, unless road conditions become hazardous. In such case, a decision will be made by 3:00 p.m. Listen to local TV and radio stations for information or log on to www.hometownstations.com
Where do classes meet?
- Classes are held in a variety of locations, buildings, and classrooms. If the location of your class is not stated on your confirmation, please call our office to learn of its location or arrive early at our office and we will direct you.
How do I register?
- On the internet : You can register here on our website. Click on "Sign In" to create your student account (you will only have to do this once), or to access your current account. When you are signed in, brouse through the courses available. When you find the classes you want, click on "add to my shopping cart" and follow the directions. If you have any problems, please contact us using the number below.
- In person : Apollo Career Center is located at 3325 Shawnee Road, Lima, Ohio 45806. Our office is open Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm; Fridays 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- By mail: Send your check or money order to: Apollo Career Center, Adult Education Registration, 3325 Shawnee Road, Lima, Ohio 45806.
- By phone: Use your Visa/MC/Discover/American Express to register at (419) 998-3000. Long distance registrants can call 866-998-2824. If you reach our voicemail system, leave your name, daytime and evening telephone numbers, and the specific classes for which you would like to register. We will contact you as soon as possible.
- By fax: Fax the completed registration form with your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card information, or billing agency signature to (419) 998-2994, 24 hours every day.
I am having trouble with the website. Is there a human who can help me?
- Yes! Just call our office during normal office hours and we will be happy to assist you! 419-998-3000
Why do classes get cancelled?
- If classes do not meet the minumum enrollment number, they will be cancelled up to 2 weeks in advance. Why so early? Because our instructors need time to purchase books and/or supplies. This is why it is important to register early and have a friend do the same! Also see our cancellation/refund policy in the Student Handbook, located at http://www.apollocareercenterotc.com under Student Services.
What do I need to bring to class on my first day?
- Materials or supplies lists will be listed in the Special Notice section of the class description. If nothing is listed, you may want to bring paper and pencil to take notes.
Can I purchase Gift Certificates?
- Yes! You can give the smartest gift ever! Purchase a gift certificate for a specific class or for a dollar amount that can be applied to a class of the recipient's choice.
Do you offer a senior's discount?
- Yes! We honor the Ohio Golden Buckeye card for most part-time classes. Bring your card with you when you register.
Can I get financial aid?
- Financial aid is offered for any course over 600 hours. For courses under 600 hours, please contact your county's Ohio Means Jobs center for qualifying assistance.